Sue Martin – Psychotherapist
Sue has worked in education for over thirty years and has extensive leadership experience and success across a number of key projects and initiatives.
Sue established a therapeutic service for schools in Corby supporting children, adults and families. Over the past 8 years this service has personally provided intensive support to hundreds of children, young people and adults to effect positive change. This has transformed the ethos of well-being and understanding of mental health across schools.
Sue runs a series of supervision groups for new staff and NQTs, training for resilience, effective team relationships and the promotion of good mental health across the Trust community.
Sue is a qualified Psychotherapist and Supervisor with a Masters Degree in Counselling studies and a Diploma in Integrated and Transpersonal Supervision.
More recently Sue has headed up Safeguarding at a large Primary School in Corby. In a recent local inspection, this was judged recently as “highly effective”
Sue’s portfolio also includes the following:
- Leading an Education Improvement Partnership of 26 schools in Corby.
- Managing Pupil Referral Units
- Running 14-19 engagement programmes
- Project lead for major schemes within a Trust which included the building of a new Primary school, refurbishment of a key stage 2 building and overseeing arrangements for whole school following major incidents.
- Driving the Agenda for out of school activities for Northamptonshire Advisory and Inspection
Sue is passionate about the welfare and safety of children and families and the well-being of staff.