Secondment Opportunity (ending August 2019)
Lead Tutor – Part-Time (3-4 days per week, Job share considered)
Salary Range: M6 to UPS1 (negotiable dependant on experience)
Milton Keynes Teaching School Alliance (MKTSA), is the professional learning community for primary schools in Milton Keynes, home to Two Mile Ash Initial Teacher Training Partnership (TMA ITTP) and part of Inspiring Futures through Learning, Multi-Academy Trust.
This is an exciting secondment opportunity for an astute, reflective professional to develop their knowledge and understanding of the Alliance and its remit, by contributing to the training of teachers by MKTSA and Two Mile Ash Initial Teacher Training Partnership.
You will build relationships with all members of the ITT Partnership and promote the shared vison of excellence. You will work closely with the Programme Manager to design, develop and deliver core training sessions in order to equip student teachers with the knowledge, understanding and skills to become excellent teachers.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the key responsibilities will include:
- Designing and delivering core training sessions
- Assessing trainee teachers and ensuring good progress against the Teachers’ Standards
- Monitoring the quality the effectiveness of the programme and student teachers’ individual training plans
- Working closely with trainees and mentors who fall outside the cohort to develop bespoke training programmes based on needs analysis
- Providing pastoral care and academic support for trainees and mentors as required
- Contributing to recruitment events for all routes into teaching
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record of effective, innovative and creative teaching
- A determination to develop the next generation of outstanding teachers
- A positive outlook and a confident ‘can do’ attitude
- Resilience with a determination to overcome challenges
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- The ability to manage several priorities simultaneously
- An understanding of the local education community and a willingness to engage with the local community
- A clear desire to positively promote the MKTSA and TMA ITTP brand
If you would like to join our team, please download an application pack below, complete the form in full and return by email to Sarah Hand, Head of System Leadership at firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of the closing date. If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Sarah Hand as above.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 22nd November 12 (noon)
Interviews: Monday 3rd December (morning)
Inspiring Futures through Learning (IFtL) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau. We are an equal opportunities employer.