Governance and Scheme of Delegation
On 1 September 2016 Two Mile Ash School launched a new Multi Academy Trust called Inspiring Futures through Learning. A Multi Academy Trust comprises a number of academy schools who join together in one trust, governed by one group of trustees. Schools that join Inspiring Futures through Learning will work collaboratively in order to improve practice and educational outcomes for their students.
The Multi Academy Trust is one legal entity, a charitable company limited by guarantee.
There are three levels of governance:
- Members, who agree the articles of association which define the charitable purpose and how the Multi Academy Trust will run, appoint Trustees and remove if necessary, sign off company accounts and annual report and hold the Board of Trustees to account.
- A Board of Trustees who have ultimate responsibility for running each academy and will deal with the strategic running of the Multi Academy Trust. The Board delegates the day to day running of each academy to a Local Governing Body. The level of delegation can be different for each academy. Accountability always remains with the Board of Trustees.
- A Local Governing Body who have powers delegated by the Board of Trustees to oversee the day to day running of each academy.
Annual funding is delegated to each academy on an individual basis. The Multi Academy Trust is a single employer, sharing procurement and resources across its schools.
In order to set up Inspiring Futures Through Learning a number of legal documents are put in place between the Trustees and the Secretary of State for Education as follows:
- Master Funding Agreement
- Supplemental Funding Agreement
- Deed of Variation
- IFTL Articles of Association
- Scheme of Delegation
Inspiring Futures Through Learning Trust Members:
- Mrs Marilyn Hubbard
- Mr Greg Swepston
- Mr Marc Taylor (Incoming)
- Mrs Maria Wogan
- Mr Tony Knight
Inspiring Futures Through Learning Board of Trustees:
- Mrs Sarah Bennett - CEO
- Mrs Marilyn Hubbard – Chair
- Mr Greg Swepston – Vice Chair
- Mr Ben Stanley
- Mr Hasnain Datoo
- Mr Mark Dolling
- Mr Mark Midgley (Incoming)
- Mr Steve Fulton
Each school is a member of Inspiring Futures Through Learning, a Multi Academy Trust, a limited company and a charitable company registered in England and Wales. The Trust’s company number is 07698904
Inspiring Futures Through Learning is authorised by the Secretary of State For Education and is regulated by the DfE. The company is bound by the provision of its Funding Agreement and the Education (Independent School Standards) (England) Regulations 2014.
The Trust’s Registered office is:
c/o Two Mile Ash School
The High St,
Two Mile Ash,